What's the Time Mr. Wolf?
What You Need to Know:|
• What's the Time Mr. Wolf? is an extremely funny story based on the playground tag game of the same name.
• Young readers will delight in the familiar nursery rhyme characters that play various roles in the story.
• This story will also help youngsters tell time: analog not digital!
• What's the Time Mr. Wolf? would be a perfect read-aloud.
What's the Time Mr. Wolf? follows Mr. Wolf around on his daily routine. But this particular day is different and very special, because today is his birthday. Sadly, it seems that none of his friends and neighbors have remembered. The three little pigs, the blackbirds, the girl in the little red hood, all seem to have forgotten. Readers soon find out that his friends are just pretending to have forgotten Mr. Wolf's big day. They are secretly planning a surprise party for him!
I especially love the way the author, Debi Gliori, has woven so many different nursery rhymes into this charming story. Young readers will really delight in spying all their favorite characters. This clever little story has the perfect kind of humor for picture books. It will entertain both adults and young readers.
It is eleven o'clock in the morning
Mr. Wolf's tummy gives a loud rumble.
What's the time Mr. Wolf? He wonders.
Time for a snack?
But when he goes to his cupboard,
it is bare-even his dish has
run off with his spoon!
The lively artwork is reminiscent of the great Richard Scarry books that have so much happening on each page. Every time you read this story, you will discover something new in the illustrations. This is definitely one of those wonderful books that will captivate readers for long periods of time and will continue to amaze them as they read it again and again. What's the Time Mr. Wolf? Time to run out and get your book!
2012, 32 pages
Adventure, Humor, Exquisite Illustrations, Nursery Rhymes
• What was your favorite part of the story?
• Which nursery rhyme character did you like best in this story?
• Can you think of a nursery rhyme that wasn't used in this story?
• Can you think of a way to add that new nursery rhyme into this story?
• Is your daily routine anything like Mr. Wolf's? How is it similar or different?
This recommendation was written by: